Compiling KTorrent 3.3 RC1 on Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic with KDE 4.3:
Update 1: This works with 3.3 final as well.
Update 2: This works with 4.0 beta1 as well.
- Install cmake and related tools:
sudo apt-get install cmake automoc build-essential gettext
- Install other required libraries:
sudo apt-get install kdelibs5-dev kdebase-workspace-dev kdepimlibs5-dev python-kde4 libboost-dev libtag1-dev libqca2-dev libgmp3-dev
- Remove the existing ktorrent installation as a precaution:
sudo apt-get remove ktorrent. This should not affect any existing configuration files.
- Download the Ktorrent source code from ktorrent.org. In this case, I downloaded 3.3RC1.
- Extract it to a subdirectory named ktorrent (in your home directory).
- Open a terminal and navigate into the ktorrent directory.
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ..
- Only if you want to enable debugging support, instead of the above, type:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug ..
make. This might take a while.
This should install the compiled program in the appropriate directories.
sudo make install
- Run the program and test things out. If you need to uninstall this compiled program, type
sudo make uninstall
to do so.
If necessary, you can also do this with source code checked out from the KTorrent subversion repository. The KTorrent FAQ lists KDESDK as a dependency, but I did not need it while installing.
- Log in to post comments