Here's a simple how-to on restarting services in KDE. I will be alluding to this article in other guides on this site, rather than repeating myself every time - Lazy organisation, I call it :)
- Click on KMenu and select System settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and click on System services.
- Click on the administrator mode button and enter your superuser password.
- In the huge list of services on the left, navigate to the service you would like to restart.
- Right click on the service and select restart (or start / stop) to restart the service, and you are done!
You can do this in double quick time via the command line by typing the following:
sudo /etc/init.d/[service name] restart
where [service name] indicates the service you are looking to restart. Similarly, you can also stop and start services by using the stop and start keywords respectively instead of restart.
Hope this helps!