I've got Kubuntu running my HTPC and XBMC starting up in full screen on boot. Besides XBMC's remotes which I operate from an Android tablet, I also use a VNC client on said tablet to connect to the HTPC to operate other programs. As a VNC server, I've got krfb also starting up on boot which is where my problem lies. krfb does not start minimised in the system tray. There is also no option to get it to do so in its configuration screen.
Here is a guide on how I have krfb configured to start it minimised.
- Click on the KMenu, and select System Settings.
- Open the Startup and Shutdown menu.
- I already have krfb here. So I simply have to edit it to do what I want. If you don't, then use Add Program to add it and incorporate the following steps to the entry.
- If you already have an entry for krfb, then select it and click Properties on the right.
- In the resulting dialog, click on the Application tab.
- What I have in the Command textbox is:
krfb -caption "%c" %i
- All we need to do now is to insert an additional switch into this command. Edit it to read as follows:
krfb -nodialog -caption "%c" %i
- Click OK and so on to save all changes. Reboot the system to test.
Upon reboot, krfb starts minimise in the tray. Mission = Success!