You are here

Error message

Desktop effects were restarted due to a graphics reset

While using Google Chrome on Kubuntu 14.10, the display hung for about 5 seconds before unfreezing with the following notification:

Desktop effects were restarted due to a graphics reset

Once this began occurring with an increasing frequency, I began to do a little digging. Looking through /var/log/kern.log brought the following up:

Eclipse Luna: java: /build/buildd/gtk2-engines-oxygen-1.4.5/src/animations/oxygencomboboxdata.cpp:87: void Oxygen::ComboBoxData::setButton(GtkWidget*): Assertion `!_button._widget' failed.

After installing the shiny new version of Eclipse entitled 'Luna' on a Kubuntu 14.10 box, I found that it crashed/hung when trying to import/clone a Git repository. Starting the application from the command-line triggered the following notice before the crash:

ssh: Connection refused rsync: connection unexpectedly closed

I ran into the following error while running a script that was performing backups of files via rsync over ssh.

Regenerating/renewing the SSH key for a known host which has been reinstalled

I ran into the following spiel when I attempted to SSH to a host just now:

bash: cannot set terminal process group (3987): Inappropriate ioctl for device bash: no job control in this shell

On a new Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) LTS server, I ran into the following:

$ su -c /bin/bash foo
bash: cannot set terminal process group (3987): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell

However, the su procedure worked and I was logged in as user foo.

PHP Warning: Unknown: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings

After upgrading a Debian install to use PHP 5.4, I ran into the following error:

Drupal: PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'foo.image_dimensions' doesn't exist

I ran into a WSOD on a Drupal site and checking the Drupal 7 log showed me the following:

Drupal XMLSiteMap: public://xmlsitemap/ not found or not writable

I ran into the following error (or something like it) while setting up Drupal's xmlsitemap module:

public://xmlsitemap/lOtsOfgoBBlDegOOk not found or not writable

This is as expected some kind of permissions issue. Why the module can't sort this on its own, I do not know. As with everything Drupal, clear the cache first to see if that fixes things. It sometimes does. If not, you will need to get your hands dirty on the commandline (if linux):

Drupal's Twitter module: Column 'twitter_uid' cannot be null

I tried installing the Twitter module for a client and ran into the following error during authentication (oauth):

The drush command '@hostmaster pm-enable hosting_queued' could not be found

Installing Aegir 2 on a fresh install of Ubuntu Saucy in a Virtualbox, I ran into the following message:

The drush command '@hostmaster pm-enable hosting_queued' could not be found.

To fix this run, sudo mysql_secure_installation and ensure that you remove anonymous users. This should do the trick.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Error message