So I tried updating one of my boxen running the Lucid Kubuntu LTS to the new Precise Pangolin beta. During the upgrade, I received an error message stating that adobe-flashplugin could not be upgraded. I ignored it and continued with the upgrade and all went swimmingly. Once the upgrade was completed and I had rebooted, when I tried to run an apt-get update, I ran into an error with respect to the adobe-flashplugin package. When I tried to remove it, it did not work. As a stop-gap measure, I removed a number of packages that depended on it including Firefox and sun-java6.
locate error message: mlocate: can not stat () `/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db': No such file or directory
On an Ubuntu box, I tried using the
locate command to find information about a package and ran into the following error:
If you find that you Drupal installation is WSOD-dead with the following error message:
One of my laptops which is running on Kubuntu Lucid decided to stop connecting to my network today. I found that the KDE network-manager applet (or is it a plasmoid? :S) had decided to disable itself. Clicking it stated so with no option to re-enable it (nice UI, boys). Getting to the commandline and starting the
network-manager service did not help. I also found that accessing the
System settings networking configuration gave me corrupt XML file errors.
I ran into the following error when I added a new repository to my kubuntu box and ran
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room. Please increase the size of APT::Cache-Limit. Current value: 123123. (man 5 apt.conf)
To fix this, navigate to
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d and edit the file related to debconf which in my case was 70debconf. Add the following line to the bottom of this file and save it:
If you run into the following error message when attempting an
iptables-restore < my.rules:
iptables-restore v1.4.8: no command specified
then the problem is that you have very likely just copied and pasted stuff into
my.rules which has led to some dodgy line-breaks terminating blank lines in the file.
Apache/httpd error: SoftException in Application.cpp:357: UID of script "/home/foo/public_html/index.php" is smaller than min_uid
On a server I am working on right now, I installed a PHP application and attempted to run it. However, I ran into a "500 Internal Server Error". Upon further investigation by checking the logs, I found the following errors in the Apache error log:
On a new installation of GVim (in Windows 7), I ran into the following curious error whenever I tried to open a new document for editing:
Vim E303: Unable to open swap file for "[No Name]", recovery impossible
According to friendly chap on IRC, this is caused by a temporary directory bug and that it can be fixed by adding the following directive to the
Earlier today, I was banging my head against the wall trying to import some data in a CSV file into MySQL. While my imports have gone well thus far, this time around I was dealing with data involving lots of strange diacritics, runic squiggles and other manners of gibberish that make the world as fun as it can be. In other words, I was dealing with Unicode.
While trying to import a CSV file into MySQL today using the LOAD DATA INFILE command, I ran into the following situation:
mysql> LOAD DATA INFILE 'foo.csv' INTO TABLE bar FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '#' LINES TERMINATED BY '\r' (a, b);
ERROR 29 (HY000): File 'foo.csv' not found (Errcode: 13)
The file exists fine and the permissions are also kosher. After much gnashing of teeth and perusing of documentation, I found out that local file sources require the