I had the misfortune of trying to install Microsoft's "Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel" which creates, well, a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive that allows you to mount ISO images. There are a number of other programs that do this, but seeing as to how this was a M$ product, free, Window-7 compatible, and light of weight, I decided to give it a whirl. The README.txt that accompanies the installation file provides instructions for the manual addition of the vcdrom.sys driver to the Windows directory.
C# error: InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
I was fiddling around with Unity3D (and C#) and I ran into the following error messages:
InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[UnityEngine.UI.Toggle].VerifyState () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:778)
Here I was simply creating a MySQL (5.5) table when suddenly up pops the following error:
#1071 - Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
After a little trial and error, I found that since one of my
VARCHAR fields was being used for a UNIQUE index, MySQL was basically telling me that it was using too much space. When I reduced the length of this field from its initial 512 setting to 256 & then 255, it still complained. However, reducing it further to 128 fixed the issue!
While using Google Chrome on Kubuntu 14.10, the display hung for about 5 seconds before unfreezing with the following notification:
Desktop effects were restarted due to a graphics reset
Once this began occurring with an increasing frequency, I began to do a little digging. Looking through
/var/log/kern.log brought the following up:
Eclipse Luna: java: /build/buildd/gtk2-engines-oxygen-1.4.5/src/animations/oxygencomboboxdata.cpp:87: void Oxygen::ComboBoxData::setButton(GtkWidget*): Assertion `!_button._widget' failed.
After installing the shiny new version of Eclipse entitled 'Luna' on a Kubuntu 14.10 box, I found that it crashed/hung when trying to import/clone a Git repository. Starting the application from the command-line triggered the following notice before the crash:
I ran into the following error while running a script that was performing backups of files via rsync over ssh.
I ran into the following spiel when I attempted to SSH to a host just now:
bash: cannot set terminal process group (3987): Inappropriate ioctl for device bash: no job control in this shell
On a new Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) LTS server, I ran into the following:
$ su -c /bin/bash foo
bash: cannot set terminal process group (3987): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
su procedure worked and I was logged in as user foo.
After upgrading a Debian install to use PHP 5.4, I ran into the following error:
Drupal: PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'foo.image_dimensions' doesn't exist
I ran into a WSOD on a Drupal site and checking the Drupal 7 log showed me the following: